Cutelyst 0.2.0 is out!
Five months ago I announced the very first release of Cutelyst, a web framework powered by Qt 5. Time passes and I started shaping my real world applications written with it, I should probably release a newer version earlier but it's not very nice to keep releasing API that changes a lot, however next version (0.3.0) will still contains API changes. What changed from 0.1.0 to 0.2.0:
- I have setup a documentation website http://cutelyst.org
- I started a WordPress like blog written with Cutelyst https://gitorious.org/cutelyst/untitled this right now is a nice example app, if you like it please help :)
- Changed the API to expose the forked behavior thus being able to setup database connection in each new process avoiding a mess
- UWSGI got a patch to deal with workers that don't want to work, in other words when something on post-fork fails like reaching the dababase connection limit the worker can exit and won't be restarted.
- A bunch of bugfixed of course
- Make use of categorized logging (ie qCDebug)
- Allow for UWSGI to restart the application as soon as your application .so file changes, this greatly improve development speed :)
- Encapsulated the post body into a QIODevice subclass on UWSGI engine this means a QFile is --post-buffering limit is reached, or a custom IODevice that deals with the request memory buffer
- A parser to get uploaded content "multipart/form-data" which is fast and can work with lots of data
For the next version I'll try to get a properQt loop integration.